Axispoint has an immediate opening for an experienced and multi-disciplined individual to be a part of a dynamic and collaborative team environment. You will be essential in contributing to successful implementations of custom software solutions. This is a critical role within the company and we’re looking for a talented person to fill it.
What You'll Be Doing
- Planning and facilitating the various Scrum activities (daily scrum, backlog grooming, sprint review, sprint retrospective and sprint planning);
- Working with the team to choose stories for each sprint and decompose stories into appropriate size tasks; ensuring that team does not over commit;
- Defining project scope, goals, and deliverables in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders;
- Identifying and proactively managing project risks, impediments and changes in scope; identifying potential mitigation strategies, and devising and executing contingency plans as necessary;
- Developing full-scale project plans and associated artifacts (product and sprint backlogs, user stories, risk lists, issue logs, status reports, burndown charts, etc) using appropriate tools;
- Communicating and managing project expectations and status to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion; track project milestones and deliverables;
- Ensure Agile metrics are captured and made visible to the team and the stakeholders.
What’s In It For You?
- The opportunity to apply Agile methodologies to a variety of large-scale, multi-team projects
- A stimulating and challenging work-environment with talented yet laid-back colleagues;
- Competitive salary and benefits including Medical, Dental, and 401k;
- NYC-based office with flexible work schedule and location based on client/project needs.
- 5+ years applicable experience in Project Management of software solutions;
- 2+ years applicable experience managing and coaching teams using the Scrum methodology;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact at the executive level;
- Practical experience in standard project management functions including: scope management, change management, risk management, cost management, time management and quality management.
- Experience developing and maintaining project management artifacts (project roadmaps, risk lists, etc.);
- Skilled in meeting facilitation, coaching, conflict resolution, conflict management and negotiation;
- Desire to learn and apply new skills and methodologies;
- Ability to inspire coworkers to attain goals and pursue excellence;
- Practical experience with Agile management tools such as Jira is a big plus;
- Consulting experience and/or experience in the healthcare, media, music or publishing industries or with digital asset management systems a big plus;
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) and PMI/PMP Certification a plus;
- Bachelor’s degree.