Axispoint has an immediate opening for an experienced and multi-disciplined individual to be a part of a dynamic and collaborative team environment. You will be essential in contributing to successful implementations of custom software solutions. This is a critical role within the company and we’re looking for a talented person to fill it.
What You'll Be Doing
- Elicit and document stakeholder needs and requests and facilitate prioritization of those requests;
- Envision software solutions to satisfy those stakeholder needs;
- Effectively communicate complex concepts to all-levels of the client organization and the project team through efficient use of appropriate requirements artifacts (e.g., Functional requirements, Use Cases, UML Models, etc).;
- Work closely with technical team to assist in the analysis & design of technical solutions that fulfill the stated requirements;
- Manage requirements change process through effective maintenance of requirement attributes and traceability;
- Support the project team (UX designers, developers and testers) through the development process.
What’s In It For You?
- A stimulating and challenging work-environment with talented yet laid-back colleagues;
- Competitive salary and benefits including Medical, Dental, and 401k;
- Machine, gear and environment of your choice;
- NYC-based office with flexible work schedule and location based on client/project needs.
- What You'll Need:
- 5+ years Business Analysis experience;
- Demonstrable ability to quickly understand and convey new and complex businesses and industries;
- Experience with or thorough understanding of iterative software development methodologies (e.g. Agile, RUP);
- Experience eliciting and developing requirements documentation, such as User Stories, functional requirements specifications, structural and dynamic UML models, and user-interface prototypes;
- Desire to learn and apply new skills and methodologies;
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or equivalent experience.
- And of course, you:
- Have excellent time management and problem solving skills;
- Are detail oriented, organized and thorough;
- Have outstanding written and verbal communication skills – including a typo free resume!;
- Are highly personable and are able to build strong relationships with clients and across department groups.
- We'd Also Like, But Not Essential:
- Consulting experience and/or experience in the healthcare, media, music or publishing industries or with digital asset management systems a big plus;
- Practical experience with Agile management tools such as Confluence and Jira;
- Experience working on an Agile team;
- Experience playing the Product Owner role on an Agile project.