Media and Entertainment
Our Vision and Value
Media and entertainment companies are at the forefront of a technology + consumer revolution that is fundamentally changing how content is created, distributed, shared, and enjoyed. The scope and speed of the change is unprecedented, driven by new devices and technologies, new products and services, new ways of doing business, and most important of all – new customer demands and expectations. The M&E industry as we know it is literally being reinvented, as traditional business models give way to a new, global, consumer-led marketplace of infinite ideas, information, and options.
Axispoint believes that this business opportunity is truly historic for industry leaders and new entrants alike who have the vision and foresight to capture the newly empowered consumer and capitalize on the changing landscape. Axispoint has the creative insight, technical expertise, client experience, and integrated approach to help clients navigate the change.
Key Market Trends
Axispoint's broad and deep experience helps clients navigate and leverage the following key trends driving the M&E revolution:
- The Evolved Customer - Consumers’ appetite for media continues to grow with new and enhanced technologies only fueling the demand for consumption. Ubiquitous access across any device at anytime with engaging interactivity on their terms has become the expectation, often while immersed in a multi-screen experience.
- The Evolving M&E Company - New forms of competition, an evolved customer, and the ever changing content delivery landscape (OTT, TV Anywhere, EBIF content format, ACR connected devices, and beyond) means that media companies must evolve their systems, processes, and way of thinking rapidly through nimble innovation in order to provide the content when, where and how customers want it.
- Cloud Computing (IaaS, SaaS, PaaS, Private, and hybrid) – Employing the cloud to manage enterprise operations and content distribution more effectively and efficiency for greater consumer satisfaction.
- Social Media - Utilizing emerging technologies and online/offline social networking to enhance brand strategies and content distribution.
- Mobile Devices:
- Mobility "Tipping Point" - The demand for mobile devices such as smart phones and tablets to access the Internet is now outstripping the purchase and use of desktops and laptops for the first time in history.
- Any4 Content - Consumers have an expectation of any content, anywhere, at anytime, on any device.
- Mobile Apps - While the Internet is not dead as some have suggested, understanding the rise and power of mobile apps is a key component in any consumer focused strategy.
- Digital Content - Managing the evolution and confluence of data from traditional analog to new digital media and realizing the full potential of a digital content portfolio.
- Digital Strategy
- Social Media
- Enterprise 2.0
- Application Development
- Business Process Management
- Mobility, Wireless, and Mobile Apps
- Convergence and Collaboration
- Cloud Computing
- Cable Television
- Web TV
- Major League Sports
- Enterprise Websites
- Portals and Communities
- Live Entertainment
- Online Gaming
- Print and Web Publishing
- Content Syndication
Axispoint M&E Solutions
Axispoint deploys an integrated approach and comprehensive solutions to help M&E clients adapt to the challenges posed by emerging technologies and capitalize on the opportunities created by the digital and social media revolution:
Axispoint M&E Expertise and Experience
Axispoint has subject matter expertise and client engagement experience reflecting the following M&E areas:
Axispoint M&E Leadership
Scott Morris is part of the Axispoint management team as a Managing Director who heads up our Media and Entertainment vertical and leads our Enterprise 2.0 Practice globally. Scott is a recognized thought leader for emerging technologies, innovation, media and digital strategy.
Scott is a technology and business executive with a proven track record helping clients understand how to leverage technology and translate vision into lasting results. Scott has a strong reputation for helping executive teams develop creative solutions to solve complex business problems. His clients value him most for his ability to “see around the corner” and help them get there first.
Scott can be contacted directly by: